IBM Digital Sales is a specialised digital sales organisation with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centres based in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, Littleton MA and Dublin Ireland. Our Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Globally our sales teams have a competitive advantage to sell some of the world’s most innovative IT solutions across IBM Systems, Storage, Cloud & Infrastructure. We also have many fortunate opportunities to interact with clients in a wide array of fields & benefit from some of the best training in the world to help grow careers and gain exposure to international clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Following the 2019 Red Hat acquisition, IBM is accelerating in the world of Cloud Solutions. Working with our clients to establish even greater solutions within the Open, hybrid multi cloud world.
We are now seeking a digitally focused Inside Sales Development Representative to join our Opensource Cloud team based in our European Digital Sales Centre in Dublin Ireland & cover the Nordic market.
The role of an Inside Sales Development Representative is primarily Opportunity/Lead Generation focused, seeking out new business opportunities for IBM Sellers to progress and close. With a clearly defined and aligned approach, they are responsible for delivering account insight and building high quality pipeline through both their own research & inbound responses generated from marketing activity.
The ideal candidate will be proficient at using digital and business development tools, confident engaging peers and making connections & have experience with a consultative selling approach. They will be comfortable discussing business issues and goals with Line of Business clients and prospects.
- Creating opportunities according to the defined criteria through research of customers and prospects independently, executing outbound business development activities with emphasis to cross-sell and upsell to the existing IBM client base
- Interlock closely with marketing teams at Geo and Global level to develop, execute and evaluate marketing campaigns to drive new business
- Research prospects’ social footprint, and find ways to develop contact & provide insight into target accounts, structure and priorities so that the sales teams can point their efforts most effectively
- Through continuous personal development, you will become a subject matter expert and act as an influencer and trusted advisor for clients
- Have a social media presence to promote the brand, engage, interact, and influence clients
- Expected to find a resolution if you encounter an obstacle when generating business and handle to resolution
- Build your network of contacts both within IBM and your client base, making yourself the “go to” person for your specific field
- Put the client first, being prepared to tackle challenges, solve problems, and work with your team to get things done
- Provide warm handover to appropriate seller to close
- Weekly & monthly reporting
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 1-year Lead Generation/Business Development experience (preferably in a technical environment) with a track record in achieving personal business targets
- The ideal candidate will be proficient at using both digital & relevant Sales tools & be confident in engaging peers and making connections
- Have previously worked in a fast-paced selling environment with the ability to interact with senior IT Managers & Buyers across a wide range of customer types
- Can translate business pains into business solutions & work with internal sales teams in an effective way to find the right solutions for clients
- Ability to leverage resources throughout the business to solve complex problems
- Excellent Social Media presence and can demonstrate how you use social media tools
- Previous Cloud experience is preferred
- Applicants must have fluent or native Danish/Swedish/Finnish as well as business Level English, fluency in multiple European languages is an added advantage
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Goal-oriented; maintains a sense of urgency in a deadline-driven setting
- Can demonstrate excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Passion for technology and the ability to understand the B2B tech market
- Focused on and motivated by bringing value to the company and your own personal growth
- Constantly willing to learn, dedicated and resilient
- Digital savvy representative that can become the new Opensource Cloud Brand Ambassador
About Business Unit
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.